Close relative of the deceased
• Relative in attendance during last illness
• A relative in the district where the death has occurred
• A person present at the death
• The person arranging the funeral
1. Medical Certificate of Death
2. Medical card if available
3. Birth Certificate
4. Information regarding the death
Information required to register
1. Date and place of death
2. Full name of deceased (maiden name if applicable)
3. Date and place of birth
4. Occupation and home address
5. If married, full name and occupation of surviving spouse
To register a death, you must take a death notification form stating the cause of death to any registration office.
You will obtain this from the Doctor who attended the deceased during his/her last illness. You must then complete Part 2 of the death notification form, this contains important information relating to the deceased person. For example, his or her date of birth and his/her occupation, the PPS number of the deceased person. You must then sign the register in the presence of the Registrar.
You will need to bring photo ID with you when registering the death.